Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sorcerer gives Aural.




Like to start off with the fact that I'm having a hard time writing this post. Keep laughing to myself like an idiot. Can you still say idiot? Or has it been taken out of the game? Put in the PERIOD box? 20 lashes with a do wet nap.
It's hard for my elderly brain to quantify 'new?' talent such as the good Sorcerer Jenkins. Do I cry and run for the hills because some 'kid' from San Fran is taking people to school. Perhaps I need to address my jealousy issues, mainly that he lives near to the only 2 really thriving record stores in USAz. (That's be amoeba 1 & amoeba 2... my alma mata .sp?)
His songs keep distracting me. In fact. Sorcerer Jenkins has managed to already succeed. He has written the music you were hearing in your head 2 years ago. Channeling, whether purposefully or not, ghosts of Durutti Column, Steve Miller...
you know what?
I'm not going to go through the motions... you're reading this so you might trust me. if not... well.
His tracks are available at Amoeba in San Fran and Berkeley. He also has music coming out of the mighty
TIRK Records

With no further ado...

Sorcerer Music-"Mystical Pop"
Steve Miller Band-Something Special (Sorcerer's Version)"
Sorcerer Music-"I Dream Star"



No comments: