Monday, November 17, 2008

4 year old sings Ghost Trains


heh heh.. I know this track is like 4 years old right now but I still think it might be the slow burner of the decade. My daughter sang the "like a movie, like a song, what it should be, being young" line to me today and I damn near cried >_< what a sap I am sometimes, I guess I have my reasons tho. Anyways, here's one of my favs from the last 5 or 6 years. . . Metro Area and Erlend Oye's Ghost Trains. . . . And I say that with full knowledge of the fact that this song is not 6 years old. I really think this track might be up for +++JOINT+++ of the decade. Or at least the top 5 as far as I'm concerned. I've always been a sucker for Met Ro Ray Rea anyways so.. I'm an easy sell of a push-over type guy. Seriously though, what other cut captures that weird feeling you get when you just flew all over Europe or whatever, met tons of amazing people and 10 hours later, you're on your flight. And even though you don't +really+ know the people who put you up for the last 2 weeks or days, they and you know that you're nearly the same, all chasing something that you'll never catch. Flashback to when I was 4 or 5 and in pre K. My "best friend(an older woman;)" Cara-Beth and I positively thought we knew that if you looked out of the corner of your eye and timed it right you could see +those+ gremlins, and even catch 'em. We would spend hours after nursery school almost seeing, snatching and catching the elusive gremlins. Never quite did though. There's some sort of strange beauty in the truly elusive. I've lived life out of the corner of my eye for so long now that I guess I find meaning where I can. At least Erlend Oye knows, soft can be toughest and pretty can be delicious poison that you never quite drink.

Ghost Trains - Erlend Oye

No comments: