Friday, March 28, 2008

Electric Horseman Theme


This movie is the culmination of the disco cowboy motif. The Electric Horseman soundtrack is a little over the top at times. It features one side of Willie Nelson cuts such as the ever famous "Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys", "Midnight Rider" and three other songs, the choruses of which almost all have the word cowboy in there somewhere. The B side is all disco cuts written by David Grusin and Larry Rosen. One in particular embodies everything a cowboy disco epic should have to offer.... that would be....

Electric Horseman Theme- David Grusin

I found this record in a thrift store in New Orleans a few weeks ago for 25 cents. I like New Orleans. There were actually quite a few scores I made while in New Orleans. My next post will be a couple tracks from a Leon Russell album called Carnie that blows my mind.

No comments: