Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh Those Blues....



Todd Edward's music has always been some of my favorite mood stabilizers. I think I own everything he's ever put out and he's more than partially to blame for my i! Records addiction (in recovery as there aren't anymore to buy :). I remember hearing Alabama Blues on a Dana Kelley mix from 1995 and it was a mitigating factor getting me deep into house/garage music back in the "RAVE DAYS."

Here's a couple of my favs...








this is one of my absolute favorite garage recs... whenever I hear this my mind plays the same mental music video it played in 1995 in which some crazy, pitchfork wielding farmer is dancing around with a blade of grass in his mouth, bare feet and a pair of dirty overalls... he opens a can of psychedelic beans or something and the song starts playing. hmmm...


and speaking of crazy farmer house...
the Moreso - "Take My Hand" release on i! Records in 1998 was frigging RIDICULOUS!
I have the vinyl somewhere and will post the 4 tracks in entirety soon but for now here's the most "clubby" of the 4 tracks. It's got a very Todd Edwards style vocal dubbing going on.


And while we're on UK Garage...
honestly, I'm not a big fan of the cheese garage stuff. However there is a creepyness to alot of the Todd Edwards tracks and also Filthy Rich's B-Side stuff... this record falls into that category... Man I used to flog this record... oh the 90's. My copy of this was actually cracked one night. The insode B cut is still playable... I'm pretty sure the track is the first dubstep format song ever. Another one I need to dig out. This youtube vid is the inside a-cut I think.
G.O.D. Limited 5

and another G.O.D. Limited record... #4.
A nice Deelite sample in there... nastttty bassline. I don't think my copy even plays anymore :)


Todd Edwards "Alabama Blues"

No comments: