Saturday, January 2, 2010

I HAVE EVERYTHINGGG



^^^^ that looks a little like my record collection :)

Sometimes I feel like Homer Simpson when he has "everything" and can't die. He has so many diseases that none of them can get in the door and kill him. Diseases, as I find out, are very bad at waiting in line and clog the entranceway to Homer's 'death-zone'.
This would be a very 'look at me-drama' post except for the fact that I don't have everything. In fact. What I meant was that... I just have so many important things to write that they clog the exit of my thought door and I end up writing blog posts like this. Just one sound-bite could alter the outcome of the present universe. I don't know if anyone is familiar with quantum physics and the whole 10 dimensions thing.


BUT... sometimes I feel like our normal, somewhat eccentric world has gone from being that silly, lovably rebellious tweenager. To suddenly a universe, existence, in which a two headed alien could suddenly pop out from behind a randomly placed boulder. Things are getting a little bit crazy. Believe me, for those of you who are going to leave a comment trying to 'school' me and explain how it really is.... go for it. I choose to appear a lovably curious tween. But looks are deceiving sometimes. I am really a 64 year old ex-hippie who lives on what's left of the Hog Farm on the northern west coast of amerrccca. I communicate with saucers via smoke signal and routinely travel to ancient Babylon in hopes of decoding the book of Enoch's cryptic tales.

speaking of codes....
I have been listening to alot of music by NYC avant-garde musical genius John Zorn for the last few days. It's quite befitting of the freezing weather and ever deepening blanket of fresh snow. For those of you unfamiliar witth Zorn... HERE's his WIKI. This man puts out some seriously thought provoking music and does it at a pace which makes me a bit jealous. He's one of those individuals who's art really transcends his own person. Seriously on another level. His soundscapes truely will transport you somewhere good for your soul. It's common for me to end a Zorn listening session feeling I have been brought into some sort of metaphysical inner-circle.





here's a couple downloads...

John Zorn-"Recuerdos"
John Zorn-"Pressure and Speed"
John Zorn-"Makaaha"

No comments: