Thursday, April 24, 2008

Balearia starts this Friday night


Please join me this Friday night for a journey through unusual sounds and sights. I'm teaming up with my roommate Kedaar to bring a really different kind of musical experience, at least as far as Boston is concerned. I have been djing for years and even though I have a love for all sorts of music, it always ends up that I'm playing house or techno or disco or electro, whatever... the point is most of the stuff is based around that nonstop kick and snare. Well, I've tried switching things up quite a bit over the last 3 or 4 years but it just doesn't work in a club environment. I started looking for a venue near my house in Mission Hill that would be conducive to me playing whatever it was that I wanted. After a long search, I've landed at the Squealing Pig. I'm still going to be doing JumpDontJump once a month on Friday at Goodlife. But this is something I've wanted to do for a long time and I know that the average music listener is ready for something new. So here we GO!
Every Friday at The Squealing Pig is located at 134 Smith Street right off of Huntington Ave. It's about 3 blocks from the base of Mission Hill. As far as the GreenLine goes... it's the E line. You can get off at either Longwood or Brigham Circle because it's right in between the two.
Anyways, I hope to see a lot of familiar faces as well as, I'm sure, a ton of new ones.
See you there.

No comments: